Palvi’s Polymer Processing Aid Masterbatch is a new generation, highly technical product, suitable for controlling and eliminating the problem of Melt Fracture or Shark Skin Effect, during the process of LLDPE / LDPE / HM – HDPE by extrusion process.
Polymer Process Aid (PPA) Masterbatches are specifically designed to enhance extrusion ability of plastics leading to productivity and / or quality improvement.
These Masterbatches are based on Fluoropolymers and are widely recommended for improving the processibility of polymers at higher shear rates. These are formulated to form a microscopic dispersed phase within the polymer carrier. During processing the fluoropolymer gets coated on the walls of the extruder and die. This reduces the extuder backpressure. To achieve the coating in a reasonable time the process aid masterbatch is typically added at 1% until the beneficial effects are seen. After this the addition rate can be reduced to 0.5% down to even 0.25% as long as the effect continues to be evident. A small addition must be maintained throughout the extrusion run.
Normally there is a common practice to process at higher temperatures to get maximum output which causes degradation, die deposition and reduction in mechanical properties. By adding PPA MB, processing is possible at lower temperature with higher output without compromising the mechanical properties.
- Reduces / eliminates melt fracture especially when processing polymers with varying MFI in Multi-layer films.
- Eliminate sharkskin effect
- Reduce or eliminate die build up.
- Reduce or eliminate Gels and optical defects.
- Increase the output by up to 20%.
- Reduces electricity consumption due to reduced back-pressure in the extruder.
- Broadens extrusion processing capabilities of polyolefin resins.
- Lowers apparent Melt Viscosity.
- Ideal for use in low MFI LLDPE, HDPE & high molecular weight HDPE resins.
- Can offer performance & cost advantages.
- Reduces the wear and tear of the melt line, as a result increases the life of the processing equipment.